Green cleaning is becoming more and more popular as consumers become more aware of the potential health risks associated with traditional cleaning products and methods. Green cleaning is important for families who want to create the safest indoor environment possible for themselves, their pets and their guests. Chemical ingredients in common household products can contain toxins and illnesses resulting from these toxins can be as mild as a headache or as severe as cancer. But green cleaning can reduce or eliminate these health risks.
Flying Prince is careful to evaluate solutions and equipment to ensure they meet certain standards for health safety and effectiveness. In order for us to provide the health benefits of a green cleaning, we do the following:
- We use green products that are certified by Green Seal (or another recognized organization) to be free from carcinogens, reproductive toxins, neurotoxins, fragrances, human toxins, aquatic toxins and other ingredients which can cause health problems. Green products also tend to contain no or lower levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are harmful gases that can be dangerous for your home and have adverse environmental effects. Green products are also biodegradable, come in recycled containers and are in concentrated form to reduce the size and quantity of required containers.
- We use green equipment such as top of the line HEPA back-pack vacuums from industry leaders Pro Team that are recognized by the American Lung Association to improve indoor air quality. Vacuums that use High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters trap small particulate matter, capture and remove nearly 100% of all dust, allergens, bacteria, pet dander, pollen and other pollutants that can be left behind by conventional vacuums. These HEPA vacuums are significantly better for the air quality in the home and are considered an essential element of the green cleaning regime.
- We use color-coded microfiber cloths to reduce the need for cleaning solutions, minimize landfill waste and prevent cross contamination from room to room within your home. Cleaning cloths and mops made from microfiber play an essential role as well. Built from extremely small fibers in a densely constructed weave, microfiber is able to attract dust with its inherent static charge so that it is carried out of the building and not simply shuffled into the air. Microfiber cleaning cloths contain a scientific weave that clinically trap and remove 99% of all dirt, grime, bacteria and germs. These microfiber cleaning cloths also require less cleaning solution to clean effectively.
- We ensure that each member our staff is following our cleaning system in every home and on every visit.
- We stay in tune with our industry’s science and technology developments so that we can always offer the safest and most effective cleaning available.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the air inside a home is on average two to five times more polluted than the air outside! How is that possible? Largely, it is due to the chemicals found in household cleaners and pesticides. In some cases, the air inside a home can be as much as 100 times more polluted than the air outside. Since homes are now more energy efficient than ever because of better insulation materials, pollutants can remain present inside a home for an extended period of time. Most household cleaners contain chlorine, phenol, ammonia and formaldehyde. Many of those chemicals increase the risk of heath issues such as allergies, asthma, birth defects, immune system disorders and ADHD.
Choose our Green Cleaning for all of the above reasons, because it is safer for your home and better for the environment. It’s also efficient, as it reduces the quantities and types of cleaning products required, and is thoroughly effective.